My speculations in no particular order:
- Getting bad news out of the way for 2018 and in particular for 2020
- Grudge between NY Times executive or editor and HW
- HW not centrist enough or not leftist enough in Dem circles, so must be removed
- Per unsourced comment in another blog, a power struggle within the HW company
- Feminist purity: how can NYT rail against strengthened rights for the accused in colleges without cleaning house
- Intellectual honesty: this is a story regardless who it is about
From Mr. Weinstein. NY Times breaks big scandal. Mr Weinstein says he will go after NRA and President Trump. The effort at distraction is obvious. But given the reports in the NYT, there will be many more accusers coming out in the next few days. Mr. W. will have no time for his alleged new focuses.
It seems there is pretty wide agreement that the attack cost lots of money. Supposedly $100,000 was wired out of country. The shooter seems to have had several jobs over the years. So how come no former colleagues have found and interviewed?
So now Trump is supposedly muffing the emergency response in Puerto Rico? Some disagree. Also, given the president’s excellent response in Houston and Florida, the story that he has somehow lost his effectiveness in Puerto Rico makes no sense. My theory: MSM does not want a Trump-is-effective-leader sense to settle on public. cf San Juan mayor complains of poor response while standing in front of aid pallets. So, belatedly, they are trying to cast doubt on the narrative. But it is all for political purposes, not for news presentation.
School Librarian Liz Phipps Soeiro apparently considered Dr Seuss books as racist due to unacceptable drawings by Dr Seuss in other books. Apparently such drawings are unacceptable. So Dr Seuss cannot be saved. Regrettably Ms Soeiro endorsed Dr Seuss as recently as 2015, wearing a Cat-in-the-Hat costume. So, by her reasoning, Ms Soeiro is also beyond salvation. Sad!