THis. Utterly brilliant. Link here: Venezuela..
- The contrast between the numerous demonstrators with makeshift shields vs armored police.
- No faces, all about belonging to your crowd, as a demonstrator or as police officer.
- The human touch with the guy on right with his left hand on fellow officer’s back. I bet he (the guy on right) is the sergeant. His message, “OK, guys, hold steady, do as I say, do as we are trained and we will all be OK”.
- Also the contrast between the huge crowd, 5 officers (though reinforced with what I take to be an armored personnel carrier on the right), and the empty space on the left and between the police and demonstrators.
- The curve of the road leads past the police to the crowd, suggesting sweeping into a conflict.
I also wonder about the significance of the red-and-white shields. I count 9 with bars or circles, but they are not all identical to each other.